Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Constance

We read the Caldecott Winner "Thanksgiving Story" today at preschool.  Well, I read half of it then let the kids play while I read the other half to anyone who wanted to listen (one child).   That book is long!
One part all the kids liked was when it talked about the names of the pilgrims.  Pilgrims often had names like 'Diligence' or 'Prayerful' or the little baby in the book, "Oceanus".  I thought it would be fun to give all the preschool kids some Pilgrim names.  I actually did think long and hard about what names would fit each child.  Parents:  Can you guess which name goes to your kid?

Today we had:

Love, Remember, Strength, Constance, Melody and Patience at school.  For a while we also had little Tempest, but then Pa put her down for a nap.

I may use those names for the rest of the year.

What would your pilgrim name be?

No comments:

Post a Comment